Here at Eilertsen Dental Care your health and safety is our number one priority. As we are a fully private practice, we are regulated by Independent healthcare Scotland. During lockdown we have studied many guidelines and protocols from around the world and have implemented a number of new policies and protocols. We have adopted our policies first and foremost from the SDCEP and fGDP(Uk) guidelines but have also taken some additional precautionary measures from other areas in the world. We have now had all of our new policies and protocols reviewed and appraised and Independent healthcare Scotland have approved them. We also need to be mindful of the Scottish governments phased return from the crisis so this has also been taken into account. Are planned phased return is as follows:-
Phase 1 15/06/2020 >>> 30/06/2020 = Strictly emergency care
Phase 2 01/07/2020 >>> 31/07/2020 =More urgent care and follow up patients (those who were mid treatment prior to lockdown) will be prioritised
Phase 3 01/08/2020 >>>onwards = return to more routine work
Obviously things are changing day by day, be assured we are doing everything we can to keep up to date as the governing bodies and government allow us to ease restrictions. At the time of writing we are restricted to the number of patients we can see daily and how much time we are required to leave the surgeries between patients so please bare with us and we will do everything we can to arrange an appointment that suits you.
How your patient journey will be now :-
- Following your initial call to arrange an appointment, you will be sent a pre-appointment covid screening form. Please complete this, sign and return it to us.
- The day before your appointment we will call you to ensure there are no changes to what we have recorded in the screening form or in your medical history.
- When you arrive at the surgery please stay in your car and phone us to let us know you are here. If we can see you from the reception area we will call you to come in when we are ready for you
- You will be met at the front door and given a mask, your temperature will be taken and there is hand sanitiser present.
- You will be escorted directly to the surgery
Some other points to consider
- Please come to your appointment alone
- Please maintain 2m distancing where ever possible
- please dont use the toilets unless absolutely necessary – if you do use please let a member of staff know so as we can re-clean and fog them
- please dont bring lots of bags and belongings into the practice
- If possible please maintain a contactless reception desk by paying with card, over the telephone or via bank transfer
Thank you all so much for your cooperation in these strange times, we very much look forward to welcoming you,
All of the team at Eilertsen Dental Care